Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

I don't know what Memorial Day means to you, but to me it means something special. Both my grandfathers served in different wars (one WW2 and the other Vietnam), my uncle is a retired Air Force Vet. and my cousin is a private in the army. Today is a wonderful excuse to celebrate our veterans and  current armed forces - but I believe they should be celebrated every day.

After all, they are risking their lives for our safety every day. And while I may have some problems with the way our government is run sometimes, (or often) the one thing I can't have a problem with is the people who choose to serve our country. I know I couldn't do it, so that makes their job even more amazing to me.

What does Memorial Day mean to you?


Writing Update:
Currently I'm on Chapter Five, page 33, and word 8,425 and I'm hoping to get to 9,000 before the end of today but I'm not going to push it because I've gotten this far in just four days. (Which is a lot faster than normal!)

Quote of the Day:
“Maybe who we are isn't so much about what we do, but rather what we're capable of when we least expect it.” - Jodi Picoult: My Sister's Keeper

No comments:

Post a Comment